rapcomp

Does this look like the face of concern?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Browser War Re-visited

Latley I've been reading about the pending releases of both IE 7 and Firefox 2.0. And while they both are touting their respective improvments, I wonder if anyone is listening. An article at Arstechnica may give a clue. I know that traffic on this site, while small, shows that the more Tech oriented are using Firefox about 80% and IE 6/7 taking the rest. The numbers from other Tech oriented sites seems to support this. I know I use Firefox for all my browsing, I only use IE on sites tha don't work on Firefox. It also helps that I am now using Linux most of the time, and the only browse I'm familiar wth is Firefox. The Beta release candidate is scheduled for release tomorrow, I'll be giving it a test run in Linux and post my experiances in a week or so.

Update: I just checked the Firefox Forum and it has a post showing a release date of 7/14/06 for the 2.0 release candidate.

More from Arstechnica
More about Firefoc 2.0 from Arstechnica
Download Firefox 2.0 Beta

2 Comments:

  • At 7/13/2006 07:44:00 AM, Blogger El Cerrajero said…

    I don't use IE at all.

    I use Firefox mostly or Konqueror with those few IE friendly web pages.

    Some people use Opera on Linux but I do not like privative software.

     
  • At 7/14/2006 12:48:00 PM, Blogger rapcomp said…

    I've been to busy to try anything but Firefox and Konqueror on Linux and Free BSD.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home