rapcomp

Does this look like the face of concern?

Thursday, July 27, 2006

How Not To Work On Computers

From ExtremeTech:

Since the late 1980s, I've probably built several thousand systems. That doesn't put me in the category of a Dell or even a Falcon Northwest, but it does mean that I've encountered my fair share of glitches and snafus that can arise when putting together a PC.

As Oscar Wilde once quipped, "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

If that's the case, then I've certainly accumulated a lot of "experience" over the years. I've seen some doozies committed by both myself and others. But learning from other people's mistakes is considerably less expensive than making them on your own. When I sat down to write this, it was amazing how long it took me to remember some of my more flamboyant errors. It's not that I didn't make a few; it's that my brain is pretty good at suppressing unpleasant memories. I also solicited requests from some of the ExtremeTech staff and freelance writers. Surprisingly, I only got a couple. It looks like I'm not the only person good at forgetting unhappy times.

Been there, Done that!



More:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home